Motor Vehicle Accidents Are Some Of The Most Common And Dangerous
Every year in the United States there are millions of motor vehicle accidents where people are seriously injured or killed due to a vehicle collision. Those who survive these crashes can be left with serious and long-lasting injuries that significantly affect their quality of life. Being involved in a car or bicycle accident that results in bodily injury can be a very frightening experience.
It is of utmost importance for those involved in an automobile or truck crash to stay calm and determine if anyone is hurt. If anyone is hurt, you are required to get help. Additionally, you must provide your name, address and vehicle registration number to others involved in the accident. Moreover, if you were involved in an automobile or motorcycle accident, it is important that you don’t undertake any action to jeopardize your case.
What To Do In A Car Accident
It is advisable to follow these five steps anytime you are involved in a collision.
- Do not admit fault for the accident to anyone no matter the circumstance: Your interpretation of the event may be skewed, so it is best not to say anything until your mind has been cleared.
- Seek medical attention even if you do not feel any symptoms immediately: It is too common for parties involved not to experience any symptoms until days or even weeks following the accident. This action is important because the longer you wait, the harder it will be to prove that the injuries sustained were caused by the car accident.
- Take pictures: Take pictures of the accident, scene and injuries you sustained. It is especially consequential to take photos of bruises, cuts and scrapes you sustained because they heal quickly.
- Take notes regarding your medical treatment and have the contact information of chiropractors, physical therapists or medical professionals you have been visiting. This information will be necessary to receive reimbursement from your insurance company.
- Schedule a free consultation with an experienced car accident attorney. An experienced car accident attorney will make sure that your legal rights are protected. An experienced attorney will know how to properly deal with all of the parties involved: insurance companies, witnesses and experts may negotiate a settlement or file a lawsuit on your behalf.
These steps are not ironclad, but they provide a guide for limiting yourself from hurting your potential case and getting your attorney the evidence they need to help you.
Call Our Office Today
If you have been involved in an automobile accident and are in need of legal advice or legal representation, contact the experienced attorneys of Williams & Ackley P.L.C. Call now at 727-361-2973 for a free car accident case consultation. We work on a contingent-fee basis, which means there are no fees or costs unless we win.